Wednesday, January 27, 2010

On the road again!

With the INCREDIBLE weather in south Texas lately I couldn't resist throwing on the Spandex and jumping on the bike. And, like a relapsing addict, I'm hooked! Quads and hammies are sore but it had to happen sometime!

The 2010 Tour de France route is posted and the planning stages of the 2010 Hometown TdF have begun. Whomever thought 224km, 192km, and 207km (139, 119, and 128 miles respectively) "race" stages back to back to back was a good idea is a sadistic "SOB". Not to mention a 185, 225, 161, and 189 kilometer (115, 140, 100, 117 miles) stretch a couple days later. Then there are a handful of just SICK distances that really put doubt in my mind about this crazy idea.

For those of you just joining my blog, that idea is a Grassroots fundraising campaign for Lance's LiveStrong Foundation. I plan to ride the same distances as the tour riders on the same days! (And that's why my training has only just begun and I'm already hitting 50 and 60 milers.) Sponsors and supporters can pledge donations per mile (such as a penny, a nickel, a dime or more per mile) or a flat amount.

Please stay tuned for info on how to donate to the LiveStrong Foundation as well as cycling pics, route maps, and much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment